About This Site
Aims of this website – statement of principles
This website is for finding out about what service user organisations are doing and also what non-service user organisations are doing for service users.
This website will provide a way for service user organisations, service users and other people who are interested to –
- Support the development of local user involvement that aims to deliver better outcomes for service users
- Be a place where user controlled organisations can voice their views and concerns.
- Give information about and support service user involvement at a national level
- Be open to all user groups in an equal and accessible manner
- To enable groups to link to other user controlled groups
- To develop links with world wide international user controlled organisations
The aim of this activity, like the rest of Shaping Our Lives’ work, is to improve the quality of support people receive.
This website will –
- Reflect the priorities and needs of its member organisations
- Encourage user controlled organisations to learn both from each other and from wider best practice through the database, the online forum and other content
- Reflect the diversity in the content of the database and the website
- Apply equal opportunities to all aspects of the database