The Lived Experience Alliance is an alliance of Disabled people leading change and is a consortium of four user-led organisations: Disability Rights UK, Shaping Our Lives, Change and the National Survivor User Network. It was previously called the Win Win Alliance.
The Lived Experience Alliance is intended to help Department of Health, Public Health England and National Health Service England work closely with Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprises (VCSE) organisations to promote equality, address health inequalities and help families and communities achieve and maintain wellbeing.
The Department of Health, Public Health England and NHS England have launched the new Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Health and Wellbeing Alliance (HW Alliance). The HW Alliance will amplify the voice of the VCSE sector and people with lived experience to inform national policy, facilitate integrated working between the voluntary and statutory sectors, and co-produce solutions to promote equality and reduce health inequalities.
VCSE organisations can sign up to the monthly edition of the Department of Health’s voluntary sector team’s newsletter. This includes updates on the work of the Health and Wellbeing Alliance and news from the DH, NHS England and Public Health England.
This can be done by emailing HWAlliance@dh.gsi.gov.uk
Twenty one HW Alliance members have been selected for their reach into communities across England. They have been established to:
- Encourage co-production in the creation of person-centred, community-based health and care which promotes equality for all
- Enable the voice of people with lived experience and those experiencing health inequalities to inform national policy making and shape the delivery of services
- Build evidence of sustainable, scalable solutions to mitigate and prevent inequalities impacting on health and wellbeing of communities
By being part of this alliance, Shaping Our Lives can amplify the voices of our members and networks at national and strategic levels. It means that real issues affecting local communities across England are raised and positive local solutions sought together.
Our own user-led Lived Experience Alliance joins a host of other VCSE organisations and consortia including:
- Age UK
- Complex Needs Consortium (The National Autistic Society, Sense, VoiceAbility)
- Carers Partnership:
- Citizen’s Advice
- Clinks and Nacro (criminal justice)
- End of Life Care Consortium (Hospice UK, Marie Curie, Together for Short Lives)
- Faith Action
- Friends, Families and Travellers
- Homeless Link
- Maternity Action
- Men’s Health Forum
- Mental Health Consortia (Mental Health Foundation; Centre for Mental Health; Rethink Mental Illness; Mind; and NSUN)
- National LGB&T Partnership:
- National Voices
- Race Equality Foundation
- UK Health Forum
- Young People’s Health Partnership
- The Valuing People Alliance (learning disabilities,Children’s Burns Foundation (CBF), Respond, Paradigm-UK, )
- Lived Experience Alliance (User-led organisations, disabled people and service users) Disability Rights UK, Shaping Our Lives, CHANGE and the National Survivor and User Network (NSUN).