Respect is looking for an experienced, part-time Helpline Advisor to join our highly-skilled, friendly team.
The Advisor will support male victims of domestic abuse on the Men’s Advice Line by phone, email and webchat.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of supporting service users in a helpline environment
- An understanding of the nature of domestic abuse and its effects on victims
- An understanding of the help-seeking barriers of male victims of domestic abuse
- Experience of domestic abuse related client work
- The ability to cover two evening shifts per week (Monday and Wednesday 17:00-20:00) on a rota system.
SALARY: £30,995, pro-rata inc. ILW (point 30 on the Respect scale related to NJC)
HOURS: 28 hours pw: Monday-Thursday with two evening shifts (17:00-20:00) on a rotational basis
CONTRACT: Fixed-term, 6-9 months to cover maternity leave
LOCATION: London E2 (homeworking available on successful completion of probationary period)
CLOSING DATE: 25 November 2019
INTERVIEW DATE: 29 November 2019
For more information visit: respect.uk.net/jobs