Help with using this website
Information on this page is intended to help you use this website. If you do not find what you are looking for here, please let us know.You will also find useful information in the about this website section, which includes information on the different areas and users of this site.
- How do I make the text bigger so that it is easier for me to read?
- How do I change colours so that the contrast is better for me?
- I find a mouse difficult to use. How do I move around without one?
- Where can I learn more about using the Internet?
- I can’t use this website. What can I do?
- Using Internet Explorer, go to View > Text size > and select the size you want
- Using Netscape, go to View > Text zoom > and select the size you want
To change the colour of the text and background your browser displays you need to find the Colors option dialogue box .
- Using Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet options > Colors then uncheck Use windows colors and select the colours you prefer.
- Using Netscape, go to Edit > Preferences > Colors and select Use my chosen colors
You can use the Tab key to move between links and to move through any forms on the site.Access keys allow you to move around the main areas of the site without using a mouse.Access keys may not work at all, or may work differently, depending on the browser you are using.
For detailed information about changing fonts and font sizes using different web browsers and operating systems, and using the keyboard instead of the mouse, visit the BBC’s My Web My Way website.For general online help and web tips, visit the BBC’s Webwise website.You can find out more about how to set up your computer to make browsing the web easier and more pleasant at AbilityNet (PC) or Apple Accessibility (Mac).
If you have any problems accessing the content of this site or using any form of adaptive technology,please contact us and we will make every effort to resolve the issue.