- Organisation Name: Compass Disability Services
- Organisation Type: members
- Short Description: Working through consultation, representation and service delivery to enable disabled people and carers to have equality of opportunity.
- Long Description: Compass Disability Services is a user led organisation and our Board of Trustees, who are elected by our users, is comprised of at least 80% disabled people. We have adopted the Social Model of Disability as a way of working to remove barriers which exclude disabled people from equality of opportunity. Our Values and Beliefs: • We promote independence, choice and control • We support equality of opportunity for all people • We operate within and promote the Social Model of Disability • We aim to empower and enable disabled people • We promote equal access and inclusion to all services and facilities • We adopt a partnership working approach • We are a non-campaigning organisation Compass Disability Services works through consultation, representation and service provision to fulfil our mission. We work in partnership with local government, the Health Service, Social Services, other voluntary sector and charitable organisations and anyone else who can benefit from our knowledge and expertise.
- Address: Unit 11-12 Belvedere Trading Estate
TA1 1BH, South West
- Website: http://www.compassdisability.org.uk/
- What we do:
Advisors, Befriending, Direct payment advice, support or information, Fund raising, Independent living advice, support or information, Peer support, Service provision, Social, User involvement
- Who we work with:
Carers, Disabled people using residential services, Hearing impaired people, Mental Health service users and survivors, Older people, Older people using residential services, People living with HIV or Aids, People with learning difficulties, Physically impaired people, Visually impaired people (Area covered: locally)