This guide is intended to be used by disabled people and people with long-term health conditions who have support needs.
The guide explains about:
- What the Care Act intends to do
- Assessing your needs and eligibility
- Person Centred Care and Support Planning
- Personal Budgets and Direct Payments
- Moving between Areas
- Charging and Financial Assessment
- What to do if you disagree with what you are being asked to pay
- Further Information
- Getting further advice
The guide does not cover everything that is in the Act but concentrates on those parts of the legislation that are most relevant to people of working age.
Download Care Act Guide (word version)
Download Care Act Guide (pdf version)